Home Forums ePix Support "Proceed to checkout" not translated in woocommerce by Loco Translate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Hi,

It seems that there is an issue in the theme preventing the translation in French of “proceed to checkout” in woocommerce frontend.

I am using Loco Translate and all other words are translated in the frontend.

Please see my page address : https://www.picsmyhome.com/cart/

Thanks

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @ricoenvato

Can you please send a screenshot of the issue as I am not seeing any problem on the link you sent?

Also, please send over your login credentials for us to personally check and test this.

Regards,

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant
    Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @ricoenvato

Can you please send over your site’s login URL? I can’t seem to access both picsmyhome.com/wp-admin and picsmyhome.com/wp-login. Both are giving me 403 errors.

Regards,

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Hi,

The issue is priority 1 issue because customers cannot buy when the checkout button is in a foreign language especially in France (for security reasons).

Could you please solve the issue today ?

ps : I noticed that the screenshot link sent you was not downloaded whereas it is key to read the information I put in it to understand the issue.

Thanks

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @ricoenvato

‘Proceed to Checkout’ is not a string from the theme, rather from WordPress. Can you please send over you site’s FTP credentials so i can try to add the translation manually to the translation file?

Regards,

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant
    Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @ricoenvato

I think you misunderstood my last reply. I was actually basing my conclusion upon checking this page: https://www.picsmyhome.com/wp-admin/admin.php?bundle=ePix&page=loco-theme&action=view

Since the string was not listed, i was assuming the string is not from the theme.

Anyway, I will coordinate this with Andy as I am not an expert on WP translations or with Loco Translate.

I will get back to you once I have more information.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Andy here. I can confirm that the string isn’t within the Theme. It’s within WooCommerce. You can make the translation here – search for “Proceed to checkout”

https://www.picsmyhome.com/wp-admin/admin.php?path=plugins%2Fwoocommerce%2Fi18n%2Flanguages%2Fwoocommerce.pot&bundle=woocommerce%2Fwoocommerce.php&domain=woocommerce&page=loco-plugin&action=file-edit

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Hi Andy,

It does not work whereas the woocommerce-fr_FR.po is existing with all translations in French.

I also see that the issue can be seen for “item” in the cart.

I think there is an issue between the theme and woocommerce because everything is not translated in French.

Kind regards

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Can you try switching Themes temporarily to see if it converts? I’ve looked at the code and the Theme has no influence over that part ( from what I can see ). Switching theme temporarily ( standard WP theme will be best ) will confirm that.

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Eric Soh Deffo
    Participant

Sorry when I switch back with your theme on the test website it is translated correctly.

I am going to see if it is not something coming from the server settings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda