Home Forums ePix Support Responsive layout not great for phone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ron Pieket
    Participant

My website is a single page with a full screen slide show. Works great on a desktop. I have enabled the Responsive Design in the Theme Options. When viewing my website on a phone, the menu sidebar is covering the entire screen, hiding the slide show. It has an empty hamburger (three horizontal lines) menu.

Is there a way to configure my website so that on a phone, the slide show is not hidden behind the menu? Is there a way to get rid of the redundant hamburger menu?

You can view it here:
    http://944palm.com

-Ron.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

This is what the Auto-hide Menu Timeout is for. You can set the time to say 3 seconds and the sidebar will disappear until the screen is tapped again to bring up the menu etc. Please view the demo site for more details.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Ron Pieket
    Participant

That is indeed better. Thank you.

For your consideration: make this setting differentiate between desktop (where the sidebar covers only a small portion of the photo) and mobile (where it covers nearly the entire photo). The sidebar contains our call to action, so I’d like to hide it only when absolutely necessary.

I don’t suppose there is a way to eliminate the empty mobile menu (three horizontal bars in a circle)?

-Ron.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

I will suggest this to Andy (theme creator). You can hide the icon using CSS. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda