Home Forums ePix Support Several questions about look and feel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Susan Scheff
    Participant

Hello,

I just purchased the theme and slowly getting to know the configuration options along with WordPress in general. I have a few questions that I’m hoping you may answer.

1. Masonry Grid Gallery: I’m using the default setting of three columns. When viewing on the iPhone, all three columns show in horizontal view, filling up the entire screen width of the screen but only two columns show in portrait view leaving an empty column to the right. The odd thing is when changing the number of columns to 4, the issue goes away. The only problem with 4 columns is the images are too small on a mobile phone. I also tried two columns which looks great on the phone in either orientation but on a desktop there is a significant gap between the two columns. Both 2 and 3 column galleries will be my preferred standard when creating additional galleries.

2. Title of Page: How do I move the title page to the top (and centered if possible)? Meaning, the title of the page is always placed under the added galleries. Worst case, how do I remove the title all together?

3. Center Footer: I’m particular about maintaining justification. Just like the title request above, can I center the footer? I don’t need two columns in the footer, just one.

4. Lightbox: How can I hide the file names when opened in lightbox? How can I control the colors of the light box frame or set it to automatically match the colors of my theme settings?

5. Widget Location in Header: Is there a way to relocate all the widgets under the logo opposed to on top?

6. Header Location: Is there a way to have the header appear on the top when viewing on desktops like it does on mobile devices? As mentioned, I like everything one column and centered.

Please advise and thank you in advance,
    Susan

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Not to worry, I am happy to help you with your questions.

1. Do you have a link to your site with this gallery on one of your pages so I can do some further tests please?

2. To move the title, you need to add in your galleries using Visual Composer instead of the Page Config tabs. By using the gallery elements within VC, you will be able to add a text block, set the text to a H1 which is a title and place it above your gallery.
    To remove the title all together, edit your page > scroll down to Page Config tabs > Additional Title > Type in BLANK. The title can be aligned in the centre but only with custom CSS.

3. The footer can be centre aligned but only with Custom CSS as mentioned above. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

4. To hide the Lightbox titles, try adding the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Mobile CSS.

.fancybox-opened .fancybox-title {
    visibility: hidden !important;
    }

5. If you are adding widgets via Appearance > Widgets > Menu Sidebar Panel, then the widgets will sit under the navigation within the sidebar.

6. Unfortunately this is not possible to do. It has been mentioned before but the design of the theme is set and cannot be changed.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your reply.

Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda