Home Forums ePix Support Shortcodes are visible

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dean van Dijk
    Participant

Hi Everyone.

I’ve upgraded to ePix 1.2 and upgraded to Visual Composer 4.3.3.
    Now the shortcodes are appearing in the post content.

http://www.thehostess.com.au/pear-tart-tartin/

Is there an easy fix?

Dean van Dijk
    Participant

Just spoke to Visual Composer support and they said …

There is an inbuilt version of visual composer (or the related code) present in your theme which is overriding the standalone plugin version and hence causing the issue. You will have to get rid of it. I would advise you to do so with the help of theme author, otherwise you might loose the extra elements added by him. Once this is done, you can install the standalone plugin and it will work fine. kindly check.

Just to clarify, I have updated this theme using the Envato plugin. I deleted Visual Composer and re-installed using Appearance/Themes plugin install. Now I have Visual Composer 4.3.3 and the posts are still displaying the shortcodes.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

The Visual Composer shortcodes usually display if you do not have Visual composer active on your site. I cannot see it within the code which is why I state this.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Dean van Dijk
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Dean van Dijk
    Participant

Visual Composer is installed and is shown in the plugins as active.

I purchased Visual Composer 4.3 from CodeCanyon (before I understood how to upgrade ePix and it’s built in plugins) and tried to install the standalone version. The site disappeared completely and I manually had to trash the js_composer directory and reinstall the earlier version. So does ePix need it’s own version of Visual Composer to work?

Is ePix 100% compatible with WordPress 4? This is when all the trouble started. According to the people at Visual Composer the ePix theme 1.2 may not support the latest version of Visual Composer.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

We recommend not buying Visual Composer yourself as it is bundled with the theme. The next update of Visual Composer will be included in the next update of the theme.

The official VC version the developers release does not include all of the extra options added to the ePix Visual Composer version.

To get back to the most stable version of VC, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda