Home Forums ePix Support Site slow to load at beginning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rich Marchewka
    Participant

My site seems to be slow to load at the beginning but then its fine. Is there something to check so that it can move quicker.
    Or is there a way to have my logo at least pop up as it pre loads?

Secondly. I use the carousel view in galleries. On the smaller images it has the double arrow in the middle of the screen is there a way to move it to the bottom or turn it off?
    Thanks in advance.
    Rich

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

I am not sure what you mean by this, do you have a URL to your site so I can take a further look please?
    Do you have a screenshot of the double arrow as I have not seen this before.

Thanks,
    Tom

Rich Marchewka
    Participant

Hi Tom.

The sight works great and fast. My one issue is when you first go to the link it seems to hold up a bit before anything comes on the screen. Preloading?

If this is just what it does as it loads then so be it. But if there is something to optimize(image sizes, plugins etc) or if I can have my logo immediately pop so at least someone knows they are there and its loading… Its only 5 or so sec but you know how it is.
    I have a friend helping so if there is somewhere in the code or a way to achieve this I will pass it on.
    http://www.marchewka.com/hs
    It is still not setup to be my main link of marchewka.com not sure if that matters for I would not think so.

The arrow is in carousel mode and I think the lightbox mode when a carousel image has the arrow in the center. Then you hit it to go to full screen. I see I can shut it off but then it doesn’t go to full screen. I just don’t love that it’s in the center of the image for it cover faces as people may only scroll in this mode. Can it be modified? How?
    I don’t know how to send a screen shot to you but maybe you understand now?
    Thanks Rich

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

Your site seems to load up really fast for me, check out the website speed test here. Also, the logo is the first thing that loads when I on the site. A split second later and the gallery loads too.

So do you mean the icon which is 2 arrows that point outwards within a circle on the carousel gallery? As in, you do not want this to display?

If so, try adding the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

#tva-corousel-main i.fa.fa-expand.fa-lg {
    display: none !important;
    }

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Rich Marchewka
    Participant

Thanks Tom!
    Those are the arrows I am talking about. Can it be coded to move them to the bottom of the photo?

I think the site all overall loads fast. It’s when you first load the first time going to the url. The homepage is what comes up first and not a full screen logo. I have tried on many computers and there is 5-8 sec before the homepage comes up. I am looking for a way for a bigger logo to appear as it loads then to the main page?
    Overall site runs fast! Thanks and sorry to ask again for an option.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

This can be done, but this kind of coding will be classed as a customization as it is not a theme option and is more advanced than the quick code above.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

The whole site loads at the same time with the images taking priority. There is no way of making the logo load faster unfortunately.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda