Home Forums ePix Support Slider / Portfolio / Galleries – NEED Portrait Pics Same height as Landscape

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

picshaman
    Participant

Hi,

I need to set the display sizes for height of portrait pics to be the same height as landscape pics, and for both to fit in the browser,
    so that the whole image takes up the whole screen, and no blank space.

Right now, in some galleries / portfolio displays, the portrait images only show portions of the image, the top and bottom of image is beyond the browser. On other gallery / portfolio displays – the portrait images are big, and the landscape fits in the portraits width, making the landscapes much smaller, and so a lot of blank space.

Any help would deb great!

thanks,

( I LOVE DYNAMIX, USED IT FOR YEARS, AND AM HAPPY TO HAVE REALIZED YOU GUYS DID EPIX, WHICH LOOKS EQUALLY AS AMAZING).

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words. Unfortuantely with some galleries it simply is not possible to set the portrait size the same as the landscape due to how the gallery is set up. But, if you can reply with a link to the different galleries you are talking about, I can try to assist you further with each.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joel Skingle
    Participant

I Am getting 500 errors only when I create a new gallery page or add a gallery to an exisiting page. any ideas? thank you for your help

thanks
    Joel

picshaman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

Please can you create a new post with regards to your error with your login details also so I can take a further look into your issue. It sounds like you have a server issue if a 500 error is appearing or your install may be running out of memory.

@picshaman,

1. If it is appearing correct for some and not for others I recommend setting all of your portrait images the same size as the ones that do work. It is not really possible to change the position of the images when they load without a lot of coding work. However, If you add a class to the your Slide Set > Edit your image > Extras > CSS Classes – add fit_height – this class will fit the image into the height and auto size the width, keeping the ratio in tact. This only applies if you are using a slide set though.

2. 3. Unfortunately this is not possible either as it would require a huge amount of customization work.

I will consult Andy on the rest tomorrow.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joel Skingle
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

I mean a whole new post but it doesn’t matter. It seems your server is running pretty slow. Please see the speed test here to see what I mean. If you see the yellow bar, that is the wait from your server which is pretty long.

I created a new page and got the error 500. Did a quick search and users say to increase the memory.

Please follow the WordPress memory guide here.

If that doesn’t work, try upping you suhosin value value on your server. You will need to ask them to increase to the following suhosin value:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 5000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 5000

Most servers have a higher value by default, the odd one or two are too low.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

@simonramsey,

1. If it is appearing correct for some and not for others I recommend setting all of your portrait images the same size as the ones that do work. It is not really possible to change the position of the images when they load without a lot of coding work. However, If you add a class to the your Slide Set > Edit your image > Extras > CSS Classes – add fit_height – this class will fit the image into the height and auto size the width, keeping the ratio in tact. This only applies if you are using a slide set though.

2. 3. Unfortunately this is not possible either as it would require a huge amount of customization work.

3b. If you add a class to the your Slide Set > Edit your image > Extras > CSS Classes – add fit_height – this class will fit the image into the height and auto size the width, keeping the ratio in tact. This applies to both slide sets and posts.

4. Can you elaborate more on what you mean by this? We are not 100% sure what you mean. Do you mean to load in a gallery with portrait images for mobile and landscape for desktop?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda