Home Forums ePix Support Slider set manager not working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

on247
    Participant

Hey.
    Updated to WordPress 3.9.
    Updated all themes.
    VC plugin would not update. Deactivated, deleted, installed again – as mentioned in the troubleshooting guide. VC Ok.
    Deactivated «Page links To» plug-in, the only new plugin since last time I made a slider.

Still Im having trouble with the Slider set manager. I cant get any pictures into it.
    The “old” screen with all the pictures/media, as I would like it to be, flashes on the screen for half a second, and then changes into a screen I have´nt seen before. It only shows «custon fields» and nothing else. (see link)

Help! I cant make any sliders anymore.

Same story if I try to edit previously sliders from before the update.

Please advise.

on247

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser cache after the update?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

on247
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You are still on an old version of the theme. The latest version of ePix is 1.1.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

on247
    Participant

Thanks.

I did not know that I was using an old version of the theme. how could I have seen this?

The Envato WordPress Toolkit plugin is now installed and I am about to update the theme.
    And I got this message:

“Updating this theme will lose any customizations you have made. ‘Cancel’ to stop, ‘OK’ to update.”

Sounds scary. What does this mean?

Thanks.

on247

on247
    Participant

Do I have to customisations all over again?
    Background, etc?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

No, all of that data is save in the database and is safe from updating 🙂

on247
    Participant

Allright. Thank you again. Its done. But the problem persists.
    And I am still not able to update to the WPBakery Visual Composer as described. Its still 3.7.4 no matter what i do.
    Ive been working around it but Im needing the slider function to work now.

Please advise.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You still do not have the latest theme version installed. You need to update to ePix 1.1 and that will include the VC 4.1.2 version.

on247
    Participant

Ive been updating the theme to 1.1 three times now, and I get “successful” message every time, but it nevver seems to stick.
    Ive tried everything. Please advise.

on247
    Participant

Update Theme

Downloading upgrade package from the Envato API…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Backing up & removing the old version of the theme…
    Plugin reactivated successfully.

Theme updated successfully.

Customize | Return to Envato WordPress Toolkit

on247
    Participant

There is a new version of ePix available. View version 1.1 details or update automatically.

on247
    Participant

AAh. I dod not know I had to change the theme. Now I have the old one AND the new 1.1. And 1.1 activated.
    Guess you guys didnt know what (low) level user you were talking to. Thanks for your patience.
    It seems to be working now.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda