Home Forums ePix Support Slow admin and pages going blank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Brandon Scott
    Participant

Hey guys, huge fan of this theme but it’s been having a lot of problems. Not sure whats going on on my end.
    -So first the admin panel is going incredibly slow. The site itself is running at a decent pace after configuring some of the W3C settings but the admin panel is incredibly slow to each page.
    -The slideset manager goes black if i have two pages of images so when i got to the second page to try and add more photos the site just goes blank
    -With the pages i do have a grid layout set to there is really odd spacing between some of the images.

my login info is US: beej, PW: meremere2 and the site is http://www.NatalieMichellePhotography.net

thanks!

Brandon Scott
    Participant

I also think it might have to do with updating the visual composer but do i have to pay to do this? please feel free to fix or update anything that needs to be done. THanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

Your slide set manager seems to work fine, when you click the pagination to go to another page of image, they are just loading. Most of your images seem to bee 4000+px wide which is way too large for the internet. This is why your admin is so slow.

Images only need to be max of 1800px wide if using the fullscreen slider. For all other galleries, you can use max 1400px if they are opening up very large within a lightbox. Other than that, they should be less than 1200px wide for a standard gallery.

This is why your slide sets take so long to load too.

Do you have an example page with the grid gallery that does not have the correct spacing?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Brandon Scott
    Participant

All of the gallery pages i made (newborns, seniors, etc.) have strange gaps if you scroll down. DO you think this will be fixed if I reduce the size of the images?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

I am not sure what you mean by strange gaps? It looks like you have column padding turned on so there are gaps between each of the images. Is this what you are referring to?

If not, please can you take a screenshot and I will be able to understand exactly what you mean.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda