Home Forums ePix Support slow website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joel Skingle
    Participant

I have contacted my server company and they are making amends to the .htaccess file to try and speed things up. Also I have attempted to increase my wp php memory to 128m which is the max they allow. the site pages are still huge in size. I am wondering if it is hosted correctly on the route folder doesn’t this theme resize image etc? the page size of the homepage is coming out at 3.61 mb and takes 13.85s to load! far too long for anyone to stick around. The gallery grid page is even worse at Page load time: 20.43s
    Total page size: 4.06MB. I can provide a screen grab of the readings from http://gtmetrix.com. Please could you try and help its such a wonderful theme but pointless if it runs to slow. Thanks you in advance

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There is a 10 second or so wait from your server. This has nothing to do with the theme, it is just a very long time for things to connect to your server. The images seem to be resizing properly too so this is not the issue. What did they say when you mentioned it to them?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joel Skingle
    Participant

they suggested wordpress pluggins to speed it up!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I would try them out to see if they make a difference but the ePix demo site is not running any extra plugins accept for Woocommerce, Visual Composer and Advanced Excerpt. We found that adding a cache plugin not only managed to compress code the wrong way, but actually slow the site down considerably. The fact that your hosting company is asking you to add extra plugins is not a good sign, it’s just adding to the problem. They need to speed up their servers.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda