Home Forums ePix Support Some buttons don't display anything (not work) in the Android browser

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Some buttons don’t display anything (not work) in the Android browser (4.2.1)
    Look at the screenshots please

Regards,
    Josep

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

We will look into this and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

I believe I’ve fixed the issue. I’ve added float left to the following CSS in ePix/style.css

li.dock-tab,
    ul.dock-panel #lang_sel_list li

Hi Andy, thank you very much for your attention.

I don’t know if I explained well because my English is very bad.

In most mobile browsers (Chrome, Safari, etc) these trhee or four buttons work well.

But in the Android browser (which comes by default on the Android operating system and used by millions of people) those buttons don’t respond.

I have seen the change adding float left on style CSS but I checked on my mobile and still don’t work.

I think it’s an important issue.

Best Regards
    Josep

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

Andy tested it last night on BrowserStack which is an emulater service that provides accurate representations of devices and it worked fine on there. You may need to reset your browser cache though. This how to article may help.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I tried many other mobile of many people and the problem is the same.
    This worries me a lot.
    Kind regards,
    Josep

Hi,

On this issue I discovered one thing:

When any page has loaded (or is still loading) the icon buttons don’t work.

But causually, when someone scroll down the page and after scroll up then works and display his content. This is the only time when these buttons display their content.
    Any reload of the pages becomes these buttons inactive and her touch not generate any response again until it becomes scroll down and then scroll up again.

With this I hope to provide some information about the problem to a possible solution.

In spite of any resoults of BrowserStack … please test it in any mobile Android browser. You see it’s true.

I consider it a very important issue to resolve.

I await your response. Thank you.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Josep,

I completely sympathise with your frustration – unfortunately getting hold of an android device with this version of Android on is proving to be difficult.

It does appear to be a browser bug, the CSS and javascript is completely valid and in later versions and other browsers it functions correctly.

The other phones you’ve tested on, are they all running the same version?

I’ll have to spend some more time on browser stack as I tested again today and it appears to be not functioning again, I think I may have scrolled down the page slightly and it appeared like you experienced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda