October 31, 2013 at 2:38 pm #35568
First, thanks for quick answer to my problem with Visual Composer !
I have some questions I can find solution :
1/ How can I put a space between logo, site description AND vertical menu ?
2/ How can I disable sidebar in Blog and showing sidebar in posts ? Is it possible ?
3/ JW player and self hosted video : I install plugin but must I also upload files in Theme options and if yes, where can I find this files, cause they’re not in zip plugin
Thanks for this beautiful Theme and so much easy customization
ChantalOctober 31, 2013 at 2:40 pm #35569
and so… how can I get Featured image only showing on Backgroud (customize options) and not on post/page ?
is it possible ?October 31, 2013 at 4:42 pm #35573
Tom ( Support)Keymaster
1. Try creating an image with spacing on, or you can view the Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.
2. You can set your blog to full width within the theme options under Appearance > Theme Options > Blog > Page Layout. You can then set a sidebar within each post under page config > Page layout.
4. I am not sure what you mean by this, you can enable a featured image but it will only show on the post/page.
Hope this helps.
TomOctober 31, 2013 at 4:57 pm #35586
1. OK, I’m stupid…
2. Ok, that’s what I did, but not what I want, so, I utilise VC and Sidebar widget in a row, really great !
3. in DOC : What stop me is this second part : Upload jwplayer.js and player.swf files media_1362935071997.png
* Click the Media Library Button ? Locate the downloaded JW Player files on your computuer and Upload jwplayer.js and player.swf only ? where are thess files ???
4. in Customize, general Background options, I can chek “Featured image post or page” like Background. But this way, image shows on Background of the page or post AND on page or post… twice… I would like to have image only on background; Is it possible ?
ChantalNovember 1, 2013 at 7:32 am #35596
3. My apologies, the documentation is wrong – all you need to do is install the JW Player plugin and it will work, no need to upload files anymore. ( Updating now ).
4. Can you provide a link so we can see what is happening, thanks.November 1, 2013 at 8:07 am #35598
3. No problem, I understood that this morning.
4. Twice featured images (background + post) come only with posts not pages… see URL :
I enjoy the Theme !November 1, 2013 at 8:35 am #35605
4. I found solution, in “additionnal” tab, selected image only in “archive”, not single… GREAT !!!
Now, I have a problem with Portfolio post, Title appears twice… again 🙂November 1, 2013 at 9:15 am #35607
5. always with portfolio posts, I can’t create a gallery, works with “Categories Posts” but not with “Portfolio Categories”… don’t understand.November 1, 2013 at 10:56 am #35612
I’ll checkout why the portfolio post is doing that and come back to you asap.
5. How are you creating the gallery, via the visual composer or page options?November 1, 2013 at 11:07 am #35613
Ok, try the following:
4a. Edit ePix/header.php
Replace this line:
if( !empty($introtext) || $NV_pagetitle != "BLANK" && ( get_post_type() != 'post' && get_post_type() != 'product' ) )
if( !empty($introtext) || $NV_pagetitle != "BLANK" && ( get_post_type() != 'post' && get_post_type() != 'product' && get_post_type() != 'portfolio' ) )
5. I’ve tested this and it appears to work fine for me ( although it’s named portfolio tags in visual composer ). Ensure that the portfolio category is named the same as the category slug e.g.
My Category ( name ) = my-category ( slug )November 1, 2013 at 11:29 am #35614
4. All site break down… I put again the normal header.php
“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘}’ in /homez.22/scienced/www/wp-content/themes/ePix/header.php on line 476”
5. Yes, category and slug are the sames. I tried with your demo page GRID, changing only the data source for Portolio categories in Page options and Pages IDs in Visual composer. I get this :November 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm #35627
My apologies for the delay today.
4. I’ve created a file for you instead – replace ePix/header.php with the following file:
5. Can you provide your login details please and I’ll take a look for you, not sure why it’s not working for you.November 1, 2013 at 4:48 pm #35629This reply has been marked as private.November 1, 2013 at 4:58 pm #35630
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.