Home Forums ePix Support Sub-menus in mobile

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Robert Dorey
    Participant

The navigation on my website is working fine by desktop. But when in mobile using a touch screen and I try to navigate my menus, the sub-pages within the main menu disappear before I can click on them. Thanks in advance.
    Bob

Robert Dorey
    Participant

My website is http://picture-yourself-photography.com
    Please assist me with this.
    Bob

Robert Dorey
    Participant

As a temporary fix I’ve made a separate menu for mobile without sub-navigation. However, I would ideally prefer that the sub-navigation is functional and my main menu works on all platforms. Also is there any way to reduce the size of the logo on mobile only??? It is huge on mobile but fine on desktop.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

This is because you have your sub menus are currently set as actual links and on a mobile device there is nothing to re-create the hover that you get on the computer. You have to tap the menu item for it to expand.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

You can create another menu as you have done and set it for the mobile menu only, this will also work.

Like this for example.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Robert Dorey
    Participant

Hi Tom. Thx for the reply. I didn’t intentionally set them up as links. I set them up under the Menu structure category as Sub Items. I followed the Drag and Drop process. I can do as you’ve requested but you will have to be more specific about where I can find the above Features Box. If I’m in Menus and I click on a sub page it only offers Navigation Label and Title attribute as options… not URL. I can’t find that anywhere. Also, please specify what exactly is to follow the # sign… URL or page name?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you navigate to Appearance > Menus > Left hand menu > Link > type in the information above with the URL as a #.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Hi Robert, I am facing the same issue. Were you able to fix this?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

Make sure you create a new menu before using the above information. Then set it as the mobile menu within the manage location tab at the top of the menus page.

Tom

Robert Dorey
    Participant

Hi Tom. Thx for info again Tom but u need to be more specific. I need an exact step by step process.
    1. Appearance
    2. Menus
    3. Create a New Menu for Mobile (which I have called Revised Mobile Menu).
    4. Go to Links on left side of page. Do I put #http://picture-yourself-photography.com/wedding-packages or # symbol without http:// ?????
    5. Add Link to Mobile Menu??
    6. Drag and Drop as a sub-item to Main Mobile navigation???

I’ve tried these steps in different variations and it still gives me same problem. Please advise in detail.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I have made a quick screencast for you. Hopefully this helps.

Click here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Robert Dorey
    Participant

Perfect. Thank you, Tom!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda