May 12, 2014 at 10:11 pm #48844
First up, awesome job guys! Loving this theme.
A few quick questions.
1 – Is it possible to serve the desktop site on mobile, specifically tablets / iPad? I ask as the site looks best as the desktop version on iPad. Only plugins I can find allow switching to a different theme which I don’t want to do ideally.
2 – The documentation covers a lot but is based on past WP theme options. When I select an Existing Menu for Mobile Navigation in customize.php > Navigation > Mobile Navigation the selected menu doesn’t show on my site (when viewed on an iPhone). I can add nav to the Information icon, but ideally I would display a menu icon.
3 – Lastly, the sample site shows share icons in the slide in Title for images. How do you add this? I have used Pages + Slid Sets and added the Social options on the Page options but no joy.
This is the site: http://www.sambarton.comMay 13, 2014 at 8:08 am #48857
1. Yes you can turn responsive off via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Responsive, OFF + > Theme Options > Header > Sticky Menu, OFF. As responsive is turned off, there may be a few features that do not function like they do on a mobile device when responsive is switched on.
2. If you have selected a different menu to show as the Mobile Navigation, it should show. Try resetting your cache on your phone my closing down the browser then exiting it.
3. The social icon shortcodes were added to the description of a slide set. The shortcode used was this.
[socialwrap align="left"][socialicon name="fb"][/socialicon][socialicon name="youtube"][/socialicon][socialicon name="twitter"][/socialicon][socialicon name="vimeo"][/socialicon][/socialwrap]
Hope this helps.
TomMay 15, 2014 at 7:38 pm #49136May 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm #49138May 16, 2014 at 8:27 am #49162
Are you using the latest version of WP? 3.9.1 and ePix 1.1?
The latest version of VC that is bundled with the theme is 4.1.2, if you have updated the plugin to the version that is not bundled with the theme you will have issue. Visual Composer has been heavily modified to include all of the theme options and bug fixes.
To downgrade to the stable version, first make sure you are using the latest version of ePix then go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Admin notice at the top of the WP Admin, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.
1. You should have Appearance > Theme Options as this is a key part of the theme. If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.
2. I will take a look at this when I log in.
3. Yes, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Social Media > Share Icon, OFF. I am not sure if this is because you do not have a physical title on the page or not, I will check this too.
Hope this helps.
TomMay 16, 2014 at 7:36 pm #49250May 19, 2014 at 7:20 am #49295
I have logged in and found the following.
1. You had a weird framework plugin installed which was showing a message saying it is not compatible with ePix. I de-activated this and the theme options now appear.
2. The responsive side of the site now works too.
Hope this helps.
TomMay 19, 2014 at 8:17 am #49307
Ah, right. Thanks for sorting!
I had seen the message but assumed the plug would not work rather than it affecting the ePix theme.
Glad it’s working, I’ll have a look at the rest of the additional options.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.