Home Forums ePix Support Switching languages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ioannis Bairaktaris
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve looked into the documentation on how to make my site multilingual. I have installed the Codestyling Localization plugin and activated it. But I can’t quite figure it out on how it translates the site. I only want a way to insert two icons resembling the switcher between languages. How is it possible to implement this ? The site is made already in English language but I want to insert more (Greek, French and maybe German). Is it easier to use WPML plugin for this or not ? To make the language switcher icons visible and insert them into the menu sidebar does it require coding skills for this ?
    Please give me a head’s up in this, I’ve tried and failed again and again trying to make it work…
    Thanks in advance for any help in this.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Codestyling localization cannot be used to change languages on your site. By far the easiest plugin that we have found recently is Google translator plugin.
    It can just be installed, then add the shortcode provided to the menu sidebar widget within Appearance > Widgets. This way, the flags will be on every page.

This is much simpler to use than WPML or Codestyling.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda