Home Forums ePix Support Title and description in lightbox

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Metasequoia
    Participant

I would love to see the image title and description for each image in the lightbox. the title at the top and the description at the bottom. also a facebox like at the botton would be sweet. is this possible? hava a look at my site at http://www.terracottafliesen-bilder.de.

btw: what is the difference between the ‘title’ and ‘description’ fields for each image in the wordpress media library and in the slide set options? which fields get indexed by the google searchbot?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

As lightbox is a separate code to the theme, we cannot modify it to include these options. It has the title featured as standard but the description is not currently possible to do.

Yes this is possible to add social media shares into lightbox but it is a bit of customization. You can view a thread here on how to do this.

There is no difference between them, but I recommend filling in both. Both will get indexed so I recommend keeping them the same. It depends how the images are added in, either through the theme or through the standard WordPress options.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Metasequoia
    Participant

Thanks Tom for your answer. You wrote “It has the title featured as standard” but I don’t see the title of the image in the lightbox. How do I enable the title display in the lightbox?

I tried adding a FB like button in the lightbox with the instructions given in the post you linked – but I was not successful. I altered the ‘jquery.fancybox.min.js’ file but nothing changed in the lightbox. The instructions are from last year. Maybe something changed meanwhile…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Do you have a link to the page in question so I can take a further look at your page setup? Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Try resetting your browser cache after updating the file to see if that makes a difference. Also, clear any caching plugins that you might have on your site too.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Metasequoia
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Metasequoia
    Participant

hi tom,

any progress on this issue?
    could you login to my site with the credentials i posted?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

My apologies for the delay on this, it was missed.

With regards to the slow loading, this will be most likely due to the images and possibly how your server is configured. The WP fastest cache takes care of most of it. It should run like the http://epix.themeva.com demo which scores high on page load. That uses WP fastest cache too.

With regards to the lightbox title, I’d need your FTP details. You can only display the title, unfortunately there is no support for displaying the description.

Metasequoia
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

I’ve now updated that for you ( this will be back in the next version ). It displays the title in the lightbox now.

Metasequoia
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you Andy!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem Martin, I’m glad I could help 🙂

If you haven’t rated the theme yet, it would be great if you could via http://themeforest.net/downloads – THANK YOU!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda