Home Forums ePix Support Two of my Pages and its Slide set manager are not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

Hi there,

All my of my pages in my menu bar are working EXCEPT two pages named “Family & Kids” and “Nightlife & Events”. I used the element grid gallery and selected slide sets as my data source but it doesn’t work for some reason. When I try to preview the changes after updating the page this appears:

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Empty string supplied as input in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 76

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 80

Warning: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 96

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 97

Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Empty string supplied as input in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function getElementsByTagName() on a non-object in /home4/vanicci/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/lib/inc/classes/slideset-class.php on line 184

Please I really need you help!

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

It looks like the datasource is not selected. Do you have another gallery on that page as well that has the datasource unselected?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

The reason for these not load and the reason for your site is your images are just too large. They look like they have been uploaded straight from your camera.

I recommend resizing your images down to 1600px wide for fullscreen slider and 1200px for all other galleries. When uploading images online, there is no screen that is 5000px wide, so it is not needed.

Once resized, this will solve the issue.

Tom

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Before I updated WordPress 4 and updated my themes, I did not have this kind of problem with my images. All of my gallery has been resized to:
    751 x 497 pixels
    72 dpi resolution
    with approximate size of 208 KB each (some are even less)
    Which means my galleries are not bigger that 1200px except my HOME gallery which are big files:
    4928 x 3264 pixels
    300 dpi resolution
    with approximate size of 12.4 MB (some are even less)

Are you saying that I shouldn’t have update my WordPress? Because it was working just fine before and I didn’t do any changes.
    Can you please help me understand ?

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

Hi again Tom,

I have resized all the photos in my gallery. The photos in my menus “HOME” & “GALLERIES” are set to 1200pixels.
    The rest of my photos COUPLES, FEMALE, MALE , NIGHTLIFE & FAMILY are 751pixels.

I haven’t included the nightlife and family pages to my default menu because the “WARNING” sign is still there and it doesn’t allow me to select the slide sets for nightlife and family- which is really frustrating. I’ve been trying to solve this problem the whole day and I still can’t fix it.

If you go to Pages and select September 2014 then filter, you will see the two new pages I created for Family & Nightlife.

I really hope you can help me.

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

My apologies, the images I clicked on within your media library happened to be the uber large ones.

I have semi re-created the nightlife slide set gallery and added in a couple of tags with lots of images. The page seems to load up fine so the only thing I can think that is wrong is that the slide sets were corrupt some how. I recommend recreating them, as annoying as it is but this looks like the only way to get them back.

I also recommend updating to the latest version of ePix.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I fixed the problem. I just renamed the slider set manager for nightlife and kids & family and it worked- finally. Thank you!!!

Do you mind checking if I did the installation correctly?
    I went to plugin > Add New > uploaded envato-wordpress-toolkit plugin in .zip format (from https://github.com/envato/envato-wordpress-toolkit/archive/master.zip) > Activated it.

I wasn’t sure what you meant by:
    ” Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.”

Did you mean deactivate WPBakery Visual Composer?
    Also in Apperance, there is no sub menu called Install Plugins. Is it okay if you can do it for me?

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Vanessa,

You have installed the Envato plugin correctly, you just need to add in your Themeforest Username and API key. More information on this here.

Yes, I mean WPBakery Visual Composer. Once you de-activate and delete it, the Plugins sub menu will appear. You need to delete it to install the new version.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

Thank you Tom! I added my API key and installed the new version of VC.

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Awesome stuff, thank you for coming back to me.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Vanessa Dunford
    Participant

I already gave you guys 5 stars few weeks ago when you helped me with some problem.
    Thank you once again! Have a lovely weekend!

Kind regards,
    Vanessa

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda