Home Forums ePix Support uploading different favicons for different devices

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Brandon DiMartino
    Participant

I’m running into some issues when uploading my favicon to the epix theme. It only gives me the option to upload one file. I’ve tried all the different recommendations for ICO & PNG files with the recommended resolutions. They always show up on internet explorer & mozilla firefox. When I save the website on an iPhone as a favorite, the favicon shows up for a little, but then changes back to the default one. I used a website (http://realfavicongenerator.net) to make sure I have all the correct formats. It generated different favicon files for different devices. Is there any way to apply different files for different devices, or is there ONE format that will definitely work across all devices. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon,

How are you viewing the favicon on the iPhone? It sounds like the iPhone is caching and showing up an old version on certain pages. Best thing to do is flush the cache on your WordPress site, if you have a cache plugin installed, and also close down safari on your phone. This will clear the cache on the phone and should display the latest version of your site.

Using the generator you stated will work fine, .ICO or .PNG so no issues there.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Brandon DiMartino
    Participant

Hey Tom,

Thank you very much for your help. I tried what you said and it still wasn’t showing up on the iPhone correctly. I installed the “real Favicon generator” plugin and now the favicons work on every device. Hopefully this plugin is safe to use with the ePix theme.

thank you,

Brandon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda