Home Forums ePix Support Using Soliloquy Slider with ePix

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Liz Tomlin
    Participant

Hi Acoda,

I use ePix and currently am using the Revolution slider. However I want to try using Soliloquy as I can then make it dynamic and the images can be used based on tags. I have been trying to do this on my staging site but thus far it doesn’t quite work. The Soliloquy support guys said this:

Yes, you can display the slider full-width by:

1. In the Config tab, select the Full-With setting for the Dimensions option.
    2. Add the slider directly to your theme’s template file where you wish to display the slider using it’s template tag. Be sure to place it outside of any containing divs which may prevent the slider from spanning the full width of the browser window.
    3. Add the following CSS to ensure the slider image fills the available space:

.soliloquy-container .soliloquy-image { max-width: none !important; width: 100% !important; height: auto !important; }

1 is a config setting so that is fine. But, how do I do 2, can I do that?
    Do you have any comment about 3 – I’m not sure why it is needed if I have set the config to full-wdth but they must suggest t for a reason.

I can add an admin to the staging if you want to take a look

Thank you……… liz

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @lizat

If you want to add codes to the theme’s files, it is best to create a child theme so that the changes you will apply will not get overwritten once the theme is updated.

Here is a guide: http://themeva.com/docs/epix/child-theme/

For the CSS, this CSS is specific for their slider, so you need to add that to theme via Theme Options > Custom CSS

Regards,

Liz Tomlin
    Participant

Thank you for your response.

I have created a child theme and will add the CSS to the relevant file so that is fine.

However, I don’t understand which template file I must update. I am repeating the advice from Soliloquy here:

From Soliloquy:

2.QUESTION see below: Add the slider directly to your theme’s template file where you wish to display the slider using it’s template tag. Be sure to place it outside of any containing divs which may prevent the slider from spanning the full width of the browser window.

So my query is about point 2 above. Soliloquy say to add the slider to the theme’s template file: which file is this and should this exist in the child directory? If it isn’t in the child directory it will be overwritten by any updates.

I am just not sure how to go about this please advise.

Thank you for your help…………………… liz

Edcel
    Edcel

Hi @lizat

There are a lot of template files on the theme.

blog.php
    content.php
    content-aside.php
    content-audio.php
    ….and so on..
    gridblog.php
    page.php
    single.php

We do not recommend implementing the changes directly on the theme’s template file as any update to the theme will overwrite the changes. That is why we are suggesting to create a new child theme so you can add the needed codes to it without worrying of it getting overwritten in the future.

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda