Home Forums ePix Support Various problems with ePix

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hello Forum;
    At the beginning, I will unlock my website for you: http://www.wolfgangbertl.de for better understanding.

The site start with an error loading player. No playable source founded. But I installed the JW Player.
    The next big problem is at the navigation the “Photogallery” and I believe it is a CSS-Problem. If you use different browser you get different results. I’m using Safari or Chrome at Mac.

At Safari and Firefox, sometimes, I can’t see the complete subnavigation from “Photogallery”. With Chrome, I can see it, sometimes more.

The next big problem are the menu from the subnavigation. If you try for example “People” there should be a menu from the slide manager but the side you get is wrong, there should be a group side or another one.

The last is the “Photogallary” side by themself, it seems to be crashed. I saw the side the day before yesterday perfect and yesterday morning at this condition.

This template is really nice and I like to use it but so I can’t. I know my english isn’t perfect but I hope you can understand

Many thanks for help and best regards
    Lobito

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

What do you have in the slide set which contains a video? It sounds like one of the slides is set to embed a video but doesn’t have a video attached?

Can you post your WP login details and we’ll take a look at this for you.

Also, I’m not sure what you mean by the following:

The next big problem are the menu from the subnavigation. If you try for example “People” there should be a menu from the slide manager but the side you get is wrong, there should be a group side or another one.

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hello Andy,

thank you very much for your answer. At first I give you my access:

User: lobo
    Password: kPi3(_k#]?yYtw5+qp1

I have no video in the slide. No, I’m sorry my english is not perfect. I believe, if you can see my site as an administrator you understand better.

“The next big problem are the menu from the subnavigation. If you try for example “People” there should be a menu from the slide manager but the side you get is wrong, there should be a group side or another one.”

I try to say: if a user open the submenu, he should see my pictures in a presentation but know the side seems to be like a blog side and this wrong. I hope you understand 🙂

Thank you for help
    Lobito

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lobito,

It seems you are linking directly to a slide set. This is not possible to do as slide sets just hold images for galleries to show. You need to create a page, then create a gallery and choose the slide set to display within it.

The photography page seems to be working for me?

Where is the video in the slide set located? Which page is this causing you issues on?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I will what you say but I don’t have a video. No video.

Thank you at first, I give you information if it is ok or not 🙂

But two point are still open.

Please check the navigation again. I don’t get the subnavigation below the “Photogallery” at all browsers. Sometime I can see, sometime not. And the second: On the startside there is a error message “No playable source founded.”

best regards
    Wolfgang

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

The navigation problem is the same as mentioned above, you are linking directly to the slide sets and they are not actually pages so the browser gets confused.

I do not see the error on your start slide. Are you referring to the gallery on your home page? Try resetting your browser cache to see if this resolves things.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I’m sorry and I don’t know, what I’m doing wrong. I always get the same results. I created a new topic in the navigation, called “Fotogalerie” and a new side “Landschaft”. The side “Fotogalerie” is correct but the subside “Landschaft” not. I tell you what I did:

– I built a new side called “Landschaft”
    – In the slide manager I took three pics in the gallery above (without “Custom Media”) do I need it?
    – In the attitude of the pics, I choose in “Media” the JW Player. In Extra I choose nothing and I choose no other customer features
    – Then I save it and in the preview, I see nothing
    – In the navigation I see “Fotogalerie” but not the submenu “Landschaft”

I don’t Know what I can do more! Please help me or give me a working example. You say, I’m linking directly but I can’t see a working legal system with the slide manager. And I created a new side for the navigation and I can’t see the submenu in the new navigation. The submenu sides should be a grid side

You say: “I do not see the error on your start slide.” Why do you say it, I can see one at start: “No playable source founded”. there is a error.

PLEASE, I NEED YOUR HELP

best regards
    Wolfgang

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please take a look at the following documentation tutorials and they should give you a better understanding of the difference between a slide set and a gallery using a slide set.

Slide set
    Gallery

I setup a test page for you here, so you can see what I mean.
    It contains a gallery I set up using Visual Composer, with the datasource selected as slide set.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I have to say very thank you for help. The info you gave me was great and helps a lot. One questions is still open and it’s in the navigation again. If I use the “fotogalerie” the first time, I can see the submenu below them but if I will use it the second time, there is no submenu to see. What do I wrong or better what can I do to see the submenu when I click on “Fotogalerie”?

best regards
    Wolfgang

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you accessing it from a mobile device and tapping the Fotogalerie link? If so, you need to create a custom link as the mobile devices do not have a hover feature, instead they have a tap.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

You can create another menu as you have done and set it for the mobile menu only, this will also work.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hi Tom,

this is not a mobile problem, this is a normal computer problem and I’m sorry, this is not a good template. Now I saw I have the same problems (invisible functions at navigation) at the blog, too. I have no much fun with this template, there are mistakes in it! You try to help and you give me tipps and tipps and you say, what I have to do but I think this is not right. I paid for a working template but this template doesn’t work perfect.

I have to say it again: Please help for a working template

best regards
    Wolfgang

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wolfgang,

I can assure you this is not normal behaviour – you can see by the demo it’s working fine. http://epix.themeva.com.

Please can you post your WP login details and I’ll take for you ASAP and see what is causing the issue for you.

Wolfgang Bertl
    Participant

Hi Andy,

how I can give you my images for better understanding, I like to send you 4 pics. My access

User: lobo
    Password: kPi3(_k#]?yYtw5+qp1

I gave you in my second mail. Today I wrote to themeforest for help. Your demo is running correct, that’s wonderful for you but I have problems. And I can’t understand that nobody can see it on my side, too. Here is my letter to Themeforest:

“Hello ThemeForest Team,

some weeks ago, I wrote to you I had (still have) a problem with the new template e-pix. You said I should ask the developer team but it is so difficult and it needs so much and its so troublesome, so I have no fun with the template. I would give it back to you but maybe I only have the wrong service man. I don’t no. If you can’t help to I need a better template and I must look for an other company. I’m sorry.

I gave my access data to the service repairman but I think, he has only fun with my problems. Recently he wrote “you can try this, >maybe< it helps”. Maybe? I don’t like to play with the template. I ask him for help! I gave money for a working template.

Here are the problems.

The navigation, left side doesn’t work correct. How I can solve? (pic-1.jpg)

The navigation at the blog, same problem. How I can solve? (pic-2.jpg)

At the blog: I like to have the headline above the picture not below. What I have to do? (pic-3.jpg)

If a user open the item, he get 2 big pictures, why? I need above a small topic picture. How I get it? (pic-4 + 5.jpg)

Thats are my problems. I need a knowledgeable help and not “maybe it helps”. I love to use your templates and this is not my first one but I need a working template and a knowledgeable person who like and can help me.

Please, I really need your help. I need my website for my job

best regards”
    Wolfgang

I give you the url’s for the pics:

file:///Volumes/Lobo/Ablage/pic-1.jpg
    file:///Volumes/Lobo/Ablage/pic-2.jpg
    file:///Volumes/Lobo/Ablage/pic-3.jpg
    file:///Volumes/Lobo/Ablage/pic-4.jpg
    file:///Volumes/Lobo/Ablage/pic-5.jpg

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Wolfgang,

As suggested, adding the link menu ( Tom’s suggestion above ), seems to have resolved the issue – It’s not changing color now.

All you need to do is to change the name of the “Fotogalerie” sub menu title now. It’s not wise to set a page as a parent menu item.

Please let me know if that works okay now?

I can understand your frustration, but it’s sometimes the language barrier doesn’t help and it’s hard to understand the exact issue. Hopefully we’re getting to the bottom of these issues now?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda