Home Forums ePix Support VC 4.x forced margins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

I’ve just updated my development site to ePix 1.1, and updated to VC 4.1.2. I’ve noticed some bugs have been quashed (Parallax in rows again!), though one very irritating one persists. In VC 3.x creating rows resulted in them adhering to the setting dictated by the theme. This meant wide layout would cause the rows to span the entire width of the page. As of VC 4.x this doesn’t happen anymore.

An example of this can be seen here: http://c96.57d.myftpupload.com/weddings-events/. The upper image is a single image in a VC row where the 2nd image is a set as a parallax image in the row. No matter what I do – I can’t get the margin on the upper row to go away. I’ve tried: 1) creating a new page and placing a single image with VC 4.1.2 2) Adding css with 0px margin 3) adjusting the size of the 2nd image beyond what the page can display. (3000px) 4) Adding the image manually and setting the width via text mode. I’ve created a new page with the three images that can be seen here: http://c96.57d.myftpupload.com/margin-fail/. The first is a VC row with a single image, the second a VC row w/Parallax and the 3rd, a manual addition of the image via text mode. The page settings are no columns, and wide layout set to “on”.

Is this behavior on the list of known bugs, and most importantly, is there any way around this? In VC 3.x this didn’t happen, and I’d like to go live with the site sometime soon. (and w/o the mandatory margins) Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

Have you tried adding no-margin-top to the extra CSS class in the first row?

The page with 3 images on only seems to have 1 at the moment? I will ask Andy about the parallax issue for you.

Please provide login details to your site so we can test this out for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have put the no-margin-top in and I think this is what you are after. The margin has now gone. Can you confirm this is what is what you are after?

Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

If you see the http://c96.57d.myftpupload.com/weddings-events/ page, you will see that the top margin is gone, that is what we are referring too.

Please take a look at the documentation here for more information on CSS classes.

Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

Not to worry, I just need to get a full understanding before I invest my time in problem solving.

What are you adding the no-margin-sides to? The row or an image within the row?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

I’ve done a bit more digging, and have further definition, but no solution. To answer your question, I’ve tried custom css on the image, row and page to no effect. I’d concentrated on the row as it used to display full width on VC 3.x, and the picture hasn’t changed since then. VC 4.x brought on the 20px left and right margins that seem impossible to remove. The reason the parallax image isn’t effected is because it’s a different set of divs that dictate their behavior.

Specifically, the non-parallax images seem to be controlled by the div “title-wrap” which is the 5th nested div under the 12 col. container div. Parallax images are governed by the div “parallax-wrap”, and behave completely different. If I change each static image to a parallax background, the margins go away because it’s calling the “parallax-wrap” div.

All that said, my desire is to have a uniform design on the page. I’d prefer no margins be possible on the static image, so they match what the parallax-wrap div does. This way all images either do, or do not, share the same vertical alignment. I can create my own css to override the default stylesheet, but I don’t want to own support for that in perpetuity. I’m open to any advice, and like I mentioned, I’m ok with redesigning the page. (either all parallax, or no parallax) Thanks,

Nils

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

Adding no-margin-sides to the row that the single image is within should take off the margins.

If you are still having issues with this, please let me know which page you want me to add this class to and I will show you what I mean.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

I added the no-margin-sides to the upper image on the “About Us” page and still have the 20px left, and 20px right margin. My hunch is that the image doesn’t have a margin within its div, but rather the parent container is creating the space. Should you have the opportunity, please log in and verify I applied the css correctly. I’d wager a pint that you’ll not be able to make the margin go away without going after the parent div;)

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

That is strange, I will take a look but the login provided does not seem to be working?

Tom

Nils Kristoffersen
    Participant

Tom:

Pardon the delay on the response. I’ve been out of country and off the grid in terms of Internet. But I’m back, and set to start working on the site again. I’ve turned your account back on, and you should be able to log in.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nils,

I have logged into your site and added no-margin-sides to your row with the image within it and now there are no margins.

Please let me know if you are still having issues with anything.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda