Home Forums ePix Support Vertical and horizontal images in slider

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Is there a way to have both vertical and horizontal images on the same slider without cropping? See my web site http://creativefoto.net/

Thanks

Larry Iles

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

If you cap the height on the stage gallery you can use both portrait and landscape images. I.e if you set a height within the gallery settings.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Hi Tom:

Actually this does not help. I already have the height set at 700 and the width set at 1000. As you can see from the home page the vertical images are not correct. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Larry

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

Try just setting the height and not the width within the gallery settings, this should cap just the height. Please make sure you are using the latest version of ePix too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

I did not have the most recent version. But now I have another problem. The boarder on all my gallery images is missing on the bottom.

Help!!!!!

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Also, now all my images look like crap on a mobile device.

Help!!!!

Thanks

Larry

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Ok, I figured out that I had resizing on and this was causing my problem. But I still have the problem with the mobile site looking bad.

Thanks

Larry

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

Lets start fresh again as I am getting confused with what is going on here. I think this may be an issue that you are not using the latest version. Please first update to the latest version and we can continue from there.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Hi Tom:

I have the latest version. I have the photos working on the PC. But when I view the site on an iphone the images are all distorted. Also, I have some trouble selecting pages from the drop down menu on the iphone. Everything is ok on the PC. Any suggestions for the iphone?

Thanks for the help

Larry Iles

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

It looks like you need to set up your navigation links as custom links instead of actual links.

For mobile browsing, the user cannot select the drop down without going to the sub menu page. You need to set them as custom links with no link set so when the user presses the sub menu, the drop down appears.

You will need to set up the main link as a custom link with a # in the URL section. So that when you click the main menu item, it will open the sub menu and keep it open as it won’t be a link.

You can create another menu as you have done and set it for the mobile menu only, this will also work.

You can watch a screencast on this here.

Please can you let me know exactly which page is not looking great on the iPhone and I will take a second look. Currently, all your galleries are coming up with white images?

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Hi Tom:

I got the menu working, Thanks. I was in the process of changing images , hence the whit frames. I now have images on all my pages and they are all distorted on the iPhone. Also, I had to disable frame in the slider (I really like this feature) if I want to use both vertical and horizontal. So, if yopu can help on the distortion, that would be great and if you have ideas on the frames that would be even nicer.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant

Hi Tom:

I just noticed that the images are distorted on another computer monitor. So, it must have to do with the settings on the computer. Anything I can do here?

Thanks,

Larry

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,

Please can you provide your username as well as your password please? As you have only provided your password above.

We will then take a look into this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Larry Iles
    Larry Iles
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda