Home Forums ePix Support Visual Composer not working in local Bitnami

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cotigordon
    Participant

Dear friends,

I have just purchased and installed ePix under a local Bitnami WP installation (I need to import dummy content and see how the Theme works before I build the actual site my Client needs). No plugins activated yet.

When I try to install Visual Composer I get this error message:

Installing Plugin: Visual Composer

The plugin does not have a valid header.

Downloading install package from C:\\Winweb\\Bitnami ePix\\apps\\wordpress\\htdocs/wp-content/themes/ePix-Child/plugins/js_composer.zip…

Download failed. A valid URL was not provided.

Return to Required Plugins Installer

I am running WordPress 4.0, no plugins installed, Windows 7, Firefox. Please tell me if you need more data

As I said I need the theme completely working locally before I go live. Please let me know what should I do to install Visual Composer

Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you are using the Child theme. You will need to switch back to the core theme, install the plugin, the switch back to the Child theme after.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

cotigordon
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for your quick response.

That worked like a charm! Thanks very much.

I ahave another doubt: upon activating the plugin I find the “Product License” tab. Do I need to activate the Visual Composer License Key to get support? Where could I find it? Since it comes bundled with the theme I don’t know where it is.

Thanks again!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad I could be of assistance.

There is no need to add in the product licence code as the latest versions of the plugin are bundled with the updates to the theme. So the plugin is always kept up to date and you do not need to buy a licence 🙂

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Kind regards,
    Tom

cotigordon
    Participant

That’s great, thanks!

5 stars rating left 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thank you 🙂 Have a great weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda