Home Forums ePix Support Visual Composer Problem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

I have relocated my site from MediaTemple (because they suck) to a new host. I have since run into a weird issue with the Visual Composer grid gallery. For some reason it is not populating the image src so no images are being shown. I have removed and reinstalled the plugin to no avail.

This may be affecting other functions of the plugin, I haven’t tested all of the gallery options.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

This problem is also presenting on adding a theme level grid gallery. I can only assume that it utilizes components of the visual composer to build the gallery.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

I disabled all plugins, I also changed theme to 2014. All tests failed the same way. I am curious to know if there are any webserver requirements for either the theme or for Visual Composer?

Having some weird issues with woocommerce pages too. The taxonomy pages are not hard cropping thumbnails like it does on the old server. Even though that option is selected. I am at a loss.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

I recommend asking your hosting company to see if they are the appropriate standard webserver requirements to run and function WordPress on. I will speak to Andy about this to see if there are any particular requirements that are needed to run VC.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

It sounds like it has not kept the database in tacked, it sounds like it is still pointing to the old server somehow. I recommend contacting your host about this as it does not sound like a theme issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

I modified the php_config file to point to the correct DB, WP is functioning correctly for the most part. It’s only images that are inserted into certain VC objects are showing images improperly. Single image objects don’t display images, again they have the missing src attribute. The gallery (grid specific, I haven’t tried the others yet) is missing the src as well. The VC creators replied to a mesage I sent them on FB.

Hi Adrian,

it seems that when you copied website it did not copied images in the right queue so there are ID mismatches. What we suggest is to completely clone website or change image IDs manually.

As this is issue is not directly related to Visual Composer, you can try to ask your theme author for assistance.

Thanks,
    Michael

I’ve compared the content of the two DB’s and the row ID numbers are the same for post items (products). Aside from rebuilding the entire site from scratch manually (which defeats one of the bonuses of using WP) I don’t know what other things I can look into.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

I recommend using the brilliant little plugin, duplicator. This will completely clone your site and DB which should not mismatch the IDs. Exporting and importing it will change all the IDs as it is a new site.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I used Duplicator (very nice little plugin, thanks for the recommendation). I managed to get the sit eon Mediatemple copied and I deployed it to the new server. The Woocommerce thumbnails issue was resolved and all of the images for the product pages are displaying as expected. The VC Grid Gallery however is still not showing any images due to the missing src attribute.

I am not sure what else I can do. I have done a number of searches on the net with regards to missing src attributes but I could not find anything that was similar in behavior.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

What happens if you switch the image resizer off within Appearance > Theme Options > General? Have you put the new site on a subfolder too?

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Turning the image resizer off fixed that problem! At least part of the problem. The grid now does not adhere to the image size settings and shows all images as 150px wide but variable heights depending on whether it’s a vertical or horizontal image. Not very pretty IMO.

Any idea what could be up with the image resizer? Am I missing something on the server that it needs?

Thanks so much for your help on this.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Please check with your hosting company if they are running the standard server options, gdlibrary, phpimage magik, and that the folder wp-content/uploads, is writeable within your FTP.

Adrian Lyons
    Participant

Tom!

Oh I am so glad we’ve figured this out! Since I am the hosting company (the server is a VPS, virtually a blank canvas) not all of the modules and features that you would find on a shared hosting env were active.

Turning on the GDlibrary and getting Imagik installed did the trick. The images are all loading and displaying properly and since it’s not pn MediaTemple servers anymore, loads about 1000 times faster.

One happy puppy here!

Thanks for all your help in this. I realize it was totally out of scope for you all. I really appreciate what you have all done.

Adrian.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

Thats great, glad we could be of assistance.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda