Home Forums ePix Support Visual Composer update for WP 4.1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I’m currently testing Visual Composer 4.3.5 with the themes. I understand that 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 does not work with WordPress 4.1, for that reason I’ve uploaded Visual Composer 4.3.5 for you to update.

As soon as I’m done testing, I’ll release an updated version of the theme with the latest version of Visual Composer.

You can download Visual Composer 4.3.5 here.

David Buzzard
    Participant

Okay, stupid question, but what’s the procedure for update the 4.3.5? The auto upgrade doesn’t seems to work.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Check how to upgrade Visual Composer here – http://help.themeva.com/theme-issues/, you must be running the latest version of the theme.

Erin Calderon
    Participant

I just tried that and it hasn’t helped. I created three blog posts within the last 24 hrs the first two are up and present just fine. But the last one I just created is not working with VC. Any suggestions. I went through each plugin I have and deactivated them all, then reactivated to see which on is acting up and it’s VC.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

I’m not sure what you mean by the post not working with VC?

If you create a new thread and post up the issue again and reply to it with your WordPress login details, I’ll take a look for you.

When you reply to the thread click the “Set as private reply” so only myself can see it.

Erin Wolczik
    Participant

Hi, I am having issues with installing the new update of VC. The update within wordpress shows an error when attempting, so I tried to update with 4.3.5 as you posted above. This took down my site (leaving me with only white pages) and no access to my admin login. I deleted all plugins via FTP and went after trying to upload the VC 4.3.5 again, I see it is definitely this plugin causing the issues as the same thing happened (white site/no admin login). Please help as I need to use the VC within my site as soon as possible. Thanks!

Erin Wolczik
    Participant

I just wanted to backtrack by stating that I am trying to use the VC within the Slide Set Manager. If I try to edit a slide set, it does not load correctly, where I can see the images, etc. I see the images quickly flash on the screen, but the page that loads does not show them (only “Custom Fields”). I’ve tried 3 different browsers, as well as reseting Safari with no luck.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

Can you post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you use “Set as private reply”.

Erin Wolczik
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Gabriel Aguirre
    Participant

If I may chime in, how I solved this is the following way (which is not too evident, and not everybody may have the same access as I do):
    1) Grab the updated VC zipped file (js_composer.zip) and put on your preferred desktop/folder.
    2) Go (or FTP) to: [your WP install]/wp-content/themes/ePix/plugins
    3) delete (the older) js_composer.zip file
    4) put the newer (v4.3.5) js_composer.zip file
    5) In your Dashboard, then go to Plugins->Deactivate WPBakery Visual Composer
    6) Plugins->Delete WPBakery Visual Composer
    7) Appearance->Install Plugins->Install Visual Composer
    8) Ta-da!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

It’s most likely due to you using an older version of the theme. Please update the theme as per the instructions here – http://themeva.com/docs/epix/theme-installation-updating/

Thanks for your input Gabriel, that works too. 🙂

Erin Wolczik
    Participant

Oh my goodness, I can’t believe that was the issue. I thought it was up to date, but that fixed it (and reinstalling the plugin!). Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda