Home Forums ePix Support VISUAL COMPOSER v4.x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I know a few of you are wondering where v4.x is and when it will be included in the theme. The reason I haven’t rolled it out yet is because there seems to be a few issues that need ironing out first.

I’ve sent the developer an example of the issue I’ve found and will await to hear back from them. Until this is resolved I will not roll out the update because it affects the website content by duplicating elements.

Michèle DC
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You will need to switch back to the core theme, install VC, then switch back to the child theme.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hello hello! Good evening Tom!

Thanks for your swift reply. Switched to the main theme as advised and yessss it works! I could install VC and Im exploring all the possibilities right now together with the doc provided.

One thing I experienced is that WP SlimStat does not seem to be compatible with the theme. I had to disable that plugin. It’s a nice one as it enables me to see the % of visitors per country together with the platforms used.

Best regards,
    Michèle.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michèle,

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us. It may be that the developers have not updated the plugin recently to comply with the latest WordPress update and themes or they are using the same CSS classes as the theme. This is unlikely but it can happen. At this stage, if it is not really necessary, I recommend finding another plugin that will work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bob Edmonson
    Participant

Installed the new VC OK, but in the Settings area, it asks for the license key. When I followed the prompts back to CodeCanyon, the only license key I found was for ePix itself, which the settings said was invalid. Is there some other way to find the key, or do I even need it?

Bob, a wp beginner

Michèle DC
    Participant

Woawwww!
    Re-installed after updating ePix theme… new environment at the top… buttons very clear…
    Think I’ll have fun using this 🙂

Bob,
    Had the same prob the first time I tried …. the required code seems to be the purchase code/reference provided at the time you bought the theme.

Greetings,
    Michèle.

Tomasz
    Participant

Whats is VC?

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good morning Tomasz!

Very simple VC = Visual Composer…

Greetings,
    Michèle.

This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi @piixdot,

Visual Composer is bundled with the theme, there is no need to purchase it. The latest update is bundled with the latest version of ePix. I have explained this and answered your other question in your other posts.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Hi Tom.

Thanks for sorting out all the bugs. I wanna ask, since VC is included as part of the theme, can we use the purchase code to activate the plugin? Or is this not required and it should be left blank?

Please ignore my last post. Thank you.

d_rum2001
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I am only getting visual composer working on “page edits” – Seems it is not loading on editing or creating “posts”. I have selected the option within Visual composer settings for PAGE / POSTS / PORTFOLIO & SLIDE-SETS.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

d_rum2001
    Participant

Add Media button does not work either in posts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda