December 17, 2014 at 1:40 am #59207
I’ve searched through the forum and I can’t figure out why the visual composer won’t load. It flips over to a new page like it will load but it it gets stuck with the visual composer preloader icon. I’m running wordpress 4.01, ePic 1.3.1 and visual composer 4.3.4
I have tried reinstalling wordpress and deleting the theme, reinstalling it and also deleting visual composer and reinstalling it. I have no idea what else I can do
December 17, 2014 at 2:00 am #59209
- This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Trevor. Reason: typo
Further to the previous post… Now nothing works on my site. Pages don’t load with anything other than text, no galleries work, the blog is not formatted properly. The problems all started when I tried to install the update of ePix. I had manually deactivated the theme and deleted the theme to install as per the documentation. Everything seemed ok after I did that but now that I’ve updated the visual composer nothing is working. I am at a loss what to do. The content is on the site. it just won’t load properly. I’ve turned off all plugins except the ones required for the site,
My Site is provocateurimages.ca
Please I need help ASAP I’ve got a site that does not functionDecember 17, 2014 at 5:58 pm #59243
It appears to be working fine for me, I’m wondering if it’s a caching issue on your browser. See a screenshot below I just took:December 17, 2014 at 8:45 pm #59252
I’ve had to reinstall wordpress, the theme and visual composer to get the backend site functional again. I still have a problem with grid galleries. The images are lining up one on top of another.
The grid gallery is based on portfolio categories http://provocateurimages.ca/portfolioDecember 18, 2014 at 5:16 pm #59286
Okay, that’s a bug. I’ll release an update over the next few days, until then you can fix it by editing the following file
Replace the entire contents with this version:December 19, 2014 at 2:47 pm #59310
OK replaced the file but things still are all messed up. not all of the images load. http://provocateurimages.ca/portfoliobDecember 19, 2014 at 6:57 pm #59322
The slides that are missing appear to have no image attached to them. Can you ensure that there are images for them in the Slide Set – if there are images, please post your WP login details and I’ll take a look for you.
Also, I really like the site design – would you be interested in having it showcased on the main demo site?December 21, 2014 at 7:16 pm #59356
OK thanks for the file. Although I have to completely rebuild the gallery its good that it works again. If you would like to use the site in your showcase please do.
I do have two other questions that I can’t find answers to in the documentation.
1. How do I get the parallax image to push right up to the top of the page? Right now there is a gap and I find it kind of annoying http://provocateurimages.ca/book-a-session/
2. In your demo on Themeforest you have a “buy now” button on the side menubar. How the hell do you do that? I can’t for the life of me figure that out.December 22, 2014 at 2:37 pm #59393
Great, thank you. I’ll be updating the showcase soon.
1. You can edit the row with the parallax on and add “no-margin-top” to the class field. However, it appears you have something else causing a cap.If you provide your WP login details, I’ll take a look for you.
2. You can generate any shortcode via the Visual Composer and switch to “Classic View” > then “Text” view on the editor and copy the shortcodes. You then goto Appearance > Widgets > Menu Sidebar Panel and add a “Text” widget. This is what I’ve used –December 22, 2014 at 2:54 pm #59401This reply has been marked as private.December 22, 2014 at 3:09 pm #59403
The “no-margin-top” class does not remove the title. Also no such with the cut and paste with the visual composer text into the text widget. You can have a look.December 23, 2014 at 5:04 pm #59461
Entering the word
BLANKinto the alternative title removes the title. I’ve done it for you and added
no-margin-topto the first row > class field.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.