Home Forums ePix Support Where can I edit HTML?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jill Bowers
    Participant

Hi, once we put pics in the Grid gallery (or any gallery, page, or customization we do through the panel for that matter), WordPress publishes it and creates or calls out HTML and whatever coding to make it look as we want. So, my question is…when I go to my LIVE page that has the grid on it, I right click on an image and use firebug to inspect an element and I want to go to that exact HTML spot and make manual edits. Where can I find that? Thank you!!!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

I am not 100% sure what you mean? Please can you provide more information on what exactly you are trying to edit. You can use Custom CSS to make adjustments if that helps?

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details along with further information and I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jill Bowers
    Participant

Hi Tom! Thanks for getting back to me! I’m trying to find where I can manually edit the HTML code that your gallery spits out once published. I’m attaching a screenshot of the live site with the code I want to edit if possible at the bottom.Screenshot

I’m not sure there is a way to do it, but I’m trying to figure out how to tie each image in the grid gallery to link to a group of images of my choosing rather than the default of scrolling through images already on the page. I tried plug ins that allow you to do that from one image or a text link but those are easy because you edit right in the text editor of WordPress…with your galleries, we can’t get to the HTML. Any suggestions?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

You can add in a URL for each of the images so they go to another page where you could have a gallery with different images on if that makes sense?

You can do this by editing your slide set and adding a URL to each image that links to a page with more images on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jill Bowers
    Participant

Hi Tom…I know about the URL,that’s easy…I just wanted the user to stay on the grid page and beable to scroll through pics with the lightbox effect.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately this is not possible to do with the standard theme options. It would take a lot of modification to achieve this.

Sorry about that.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jill Bowers
    Participant

Hi…it’s ok. I was researching and was trying to find ways around it. This will be my last attempt to get what I want. So, I found this coding and am wondering if it could be edited to fit your theme where i can just plug it in:

<?php
    add_filter(‘the_content’, ‘addlightboxrel_replace’);
    function addlightboxrel_replace ($content)
    { global $post;
    $pattern = “/<a(.*?)href=(‘|\”)(.*?).(bmp|gif|jpeg|jpg|png)(‘|\”)(.*?)>/i”;
    $replacement = ‘<a$1rel=”lightbox[%LIGHTID%]” href=$2$3.$4$5$6‘;
    $content = preg_replace($pattern, $replacement, $content);
    $content = str_replace(“%LIGHTID%”, $post->ID, $content);
    return $content;
    }

?>

It would add a “class” (yours already lets you put a class in) and “rel” to the link panel options…is that possible? Thanks so much!

Jill Bowers
    Participant

I just found this and tried it and it worked. Why didn’t you guys tell me about this? I spent a week trying to get this customization and would’ve also paid the $10 service that I didn’t know about until now.

http://help.themeva.com/groups/customizations-premium/forum/topic/fix-layout-icons-at-the-sidebar-panel-light-box-gallery/

This is EXACTLY what I wanted. So disappointed that I wasn’t told about this when I asked SO MANY times and questioned so many different ways to accomplish it. This topic came up doing a research on the nav of the lightbox. Which I just started a question about.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jill,

Sorry about that, I thought you wanted something a lot more technical than the post above. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Jill Bowers
    Participant

No worries, I’m glad it will be exactly the way I wanted. I love your theme. Now, I just need to work on the loading time 🙂 I know the pics are probably too big (around 200 kb each). Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 Acoda