Home Forums ePix Support White line at the top of every page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lewis Tolputt
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am a little new to the world of web development but it seems to be going well thanks to support forums like this one.
    I have recently purchased, downloaded and installed the Epix theme. Everything seems to be going ok apart from a white line now appearing at the top of every page of my site. I am quite confused by this. Take a look for yourselves http://www.lewistolputt.com

Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the white line from every page??

Thanks, Lewis.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lewis,

Thank you and welcome.

Have you added any custom code to your site at all? From studying your source code, it looks like you have a lot of plugins that are loading in all kinds of scripts, I think one may be conflicting and causing this gap at the top of the page. I recommend de-activating each of your plugins one-by-one to find one that may be conflicting.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lewis Tolputt
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply, I followed your advice and deactivated all the plugins (one by one) and the dreaded white line still appears on each page. I haven’t added any custom code, sorry.

Do you have any further suggestions on how to get rid of the white line?

Thank you for all your help with this.

Kindest regards,

Lewis

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lewis,

When you log in, does the admin bar fill this gap at all? Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Lewis Tolputt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Lewis,

I’m not sure why you were experiencing that gap – I’ve rectified it by adding a bit of CSS to the Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

I hope that’s okay now?

Lewis Tolputt
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the help and getting back to me so quickly. Yes the dreaded white line is now gone but the menu now does not go up to the top of the page. It looks like its dropped when viewing the home page slide set. I have also noticed that since your alterations my google analytics tracking code is now permanently visible at the top of each page. Please could you have a look at fixing both of these small issues for me?

Thank you again for all your help, it really is a great theme, fingers crossed we can iron out these last few bumps.

Kindest regards,

Lewis.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Lewis,

I have just figured it out. You added the unique code provided by Analytics instead of the code they provide. Should be a big chunk including the <script> tags.

I have removed this code you added and the site now appears as normal.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda