Home Forums ePix Support WooCommerce Compatibility

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hello

Just a quick question …. is ePix compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce (i.e. version 2.2)?
    I see on your website that you only say it’s compatible with version 2.0.x

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Thank you for pointing this out, it is being changed now.

ePix is compatible with the latest WooCommerce 2.2.x update yes 🙂

Thanks again.
    Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Thanks Tom that’s good to know. t’s just that WooCommerce have a BIG warning message about 2.2 being a ‘major upgrade’ and I was a little nervous about doing the upgrade.

But if your theme is compatible then ‘ll go ahead and upgrade.

Cheers

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hello again Tom

I have updated WooCommerce to the latest version but now I have this message on the admin pages …..

“Your theme has bundled outdated copies of WooCommerce template files – if you encounter functionality issues on the frontend this could be the reason. Ensure you update or remove them (in general we recommend only bundling the template files you actually need to customize).”

Also I am getting this message at the top of the “Shop” page on the website …..

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /clientdata/apache-www/o/r/origamidojo.com.au/www/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 214

Here is the link: http://www.origamidojo.com.au/shop/

Can you suggest how to fix this? I don’t know how to update the template file that apparently have been bundled with your theme.

Regards
    Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

It sounds like you need to update to the latest version of both WordPress and ePix.

A new update has been released for ePix which also contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Tom.

It actually turned out that I had two separate issues.

Firstly the “Your theme has bundled outdated copies …..” WAS because I didn’t have the latest version of ePix installed. So I updated and (plus VC) and that problem went away.

HOWEVER what I don’t understand is why this update wasn’t listed under the Home -> Updates section because when new versions of other themes and plugins are available they are listed here. Why isn’t this the case for your theme? Am I supposed to continually check the ‘Envato Toolkit’ section to see if there’s an update available for your theme?

The other issue (on the Shop page) was totally unrelated. I am actually running a child-theme. One of the reasons I do that is because I wanted to hide the standard ‘Shop’ page title from the WooCommerce shop page and setting the Alternate Page Title to ‘BLANK’ doesn’t work.

So, I had added ….
    add_filter(‘woocommerce_show_page_title’,false);
    to the functions.php on my child-theme. This initially worked fine but is now giving the error I described in my earlier post.

It seems I’ll now have to find a different way to remove the ‘Shop’ title which is obviously my problem and not yours 🙂

So the two errors have been explained but I would like to hear you thoughts on how I’m supposed to know when you release updates to your theme because ‘me’ having to continually check the Envato Toolkit doesn’t really seem all that satisfactory to me.

Best Regards
    Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Great, glad the first one is resolved.

As the theme is not on the WordPress repository it is on ThemeForest, it will not show up within the updates section of WordPress. Until WP and TF make the connection between their servers, it is not possible to do.

To be alerted of updates to the theme, please go to ThemeForest > Downloads > ePix > Tick, subscribe to updates.

If you want to change the initial page, you can create a new page and add the shop shortcode to it. But unfortuantely it is not currently possible to remove the Shop title from the shop page as WooCommerce dynamically takes over pages.

For more information on the WooCommerce shortcode and page, please see the post here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for your explanation about the theme updates and the advice about subscribing to receive notices from you regarding your theme updates.

Also, in case you’re interested, I was able to stop the WooCommerce default ‘Shop’ title from displaying on their Shop Page by adding the following code to the functions.php file ……

add_filter(‘woocommerce_show_page_title’,’__return_false’);

This works like a charm.

Thanks again.

Best Regards
    Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Great thank you for this, I will note this down.

Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hello Tom

Sorry to bother you again but I’m just trying to ‘subscribe to updates’ as you indicated in your earlier reply BUT I must need to glasses or something because I just can’t see the link that you’ve given.

This is where I’ve started …… http://themeforest.net/
    but I can’t see a ‘Downloads’ option.

I can get to the ePix page by just searching for it ….. http://themeforest.net/item/epix-fullscreen-photography-wordpress-theme/5783556
    but that doesn’t seem to be the right place either in that I can’t see any ‘subscribe to updates’ option.

If you could give me the ‘idiots guide’ to subscribing to updates that would be great.

I also own ‘Terso’ so I will want to subscribe to updates for it as well.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards
    Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

If you click on your username at the top right, it should take you to your user panel. From there you can go to Downloads.

From the downloads you will see all of your purchased items. Tick each box to keep updated.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hahaha so easy when you click the right buttons.

Thanks for your help Tom

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda