Home Forums ePix Support Woocommerce shop page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to build a simple shop in my website with woocommerce.
    I would like the same look as the demo version of the theme: http://epix.themeva.com/photography-e-commerce/
    But somehow I can’t find out how to:
    – put a gallery on top of the page, like the carousal on the demo – I added the gallery on the shop page but it does not appear.
    – how to get the ‘products’ and ‘recent reviews” at the side of the page (like on the demo page).

I can’t seem to figure out how you guys made this demo page of the shop.

Kind regards Yvonne

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

You will need to create a page, then add in a WooCommerce shortcode as when the page is set to the shop page within WooCommerce, the plugin overrides the page and removes the content that you added.

You can create a page, then add in the follow shortcode. Please see the WooCommerce documentation for more information on shortcodes here.

This is the shortcode used on the shop page that you are linking to:

[recent_products per_page="12" columns="4"]

The products and recent reviews are widgets set to a sidebar within Appearance > Widgets. Just drag and drop them over. Be sure to select the WooCommerce ones you want. Set your page to have a sidebar display and yours will look the same.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Tom.
    I am going to try to figure it all out.

Kinds regards, Yvonne

PS: I have given the theme 5 stars because I love the theme and also really appreciate the great support you and your colleagues give!

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you very much, I will let Andy (theme creator) know.

To add a gallery to the top of the page, you will need to add the gallery via the Page Config tabs > Add gallery. Edit the page and scroll down past your content and you will see them.

For more information on this, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Off course I added a gallery via Page Config tabs –> add gallery. And that’s why I don’t understand it, because the gallery does not appear on top of the page…… Also looked at theme options but I can’t figure out why it does not display.

Second question yoy didn’t get back to. Do you know how to fix that also?

Thanks for your respons.

Kind regards Yvonne

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

Please can you provide your login details and I will look at fixing both of your issue here. Please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

As mentioned in one of the posts above, You will need to create a page, then add in a WooCommerce shortcode as when the page is set to the shop page within WooCommerce, the plugin overrides the page and removes the content that you added.

I have created a new page and set that to the ‘Shop’ page within WooCommerce settings. I have then used your /shop page t

Your Permalinks are very strange, you have this entered. Is this on purpose? /index.php/%postname%/ . It looks like it is throwing off the javascript within the page which is why the images are not loading correctly.

Here is your ‘shop page‘ with the gallery.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

I have set the Winkle page as the shop page within the WooCommerce settings and now the Our Shop page displays the carousel gallery as it should.

But the carousel gallery is having issues. It looks like the jquery with WordPress is not found according to the on page errors. I recommend re-installing WordPress as there is definitely something up with your installation. It should not say index.php anywhere and this looks like to me as if WordPress has been installed in the incorrect location on your server.

I recommend contacting your hosting company to ask them about this.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

To have galleries or extra content above or below the standard WooCommerce shop section on a page, you have to have a seperate page with the shortcode on.

If you set a page to be the official ‘Shop Page’ within the WooCommerce settings, then it will take over the page and knock out any extra content you add. You can set any page to each, but as an example, I set the winkle page as the ‘Official shop page’ and the ‘Our-Shop’ to the page with the shortcode on and gallery.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Yvonne de Hont
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Yvonne,

That is correct. You are basically duplicating the page and disregarding the original.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Acoda